Friday, May 20

Alvin's Restaurant (click here)

My boys came home.
I truly missed Casper, just wanted to kiss him all over!
Julius... When I held him, his body was so warm, his neck connected with mine, I could feel the softness. I rubbed his head kinda like a Buddha statue, his soft hair reminded me of rose petals. And his little legs wrapped around my torso, just so innate! I love this baby so, my little Jewel.
This has been one busy month, travel wise. I think from here on we'll slow down especially for Summer. We plan to grill in the back, put water in the blow-up pool, attend birthday parties (all the babies in the group will be turning one). Just relax and connect with the warmth of Summer.

I added a direct link to my brother Al's blog for his restaurant. It's in New Orleans. I've been calling him almost every day and updating his blog. We've gotten quite close because of his restaurant. I envy his active restaurant-style life. I imagine Al to wake early, drive out of his suburban life to such an interesting wholesome, funky, beatnik area, streets lined with moss filled magnolia trees, the rich smell of heat and humidity, bakery and clotheshop owners to chat up, neighbors to wave to and talk shop about the restaurant and local stuff, a breakfast/lunch or dinner rush of business, people entering and departing your world- the excitement of making them happy and delicate dance of understanding why some are unhappy when you just really want them to be satisfied. Then finally, a break on his beautiful brick-laid patio, a patio that he, himself built, ahhh... that content feeling. Then finally, when he has the energy he'll gather his belongings (children, etc.) and get into his blue truck and drive that all too familiar drive on the interstate back home. I long for this... this what appears to be a very subjective, romantic perspective into his daily life!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home